Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's an Epidemic!!! NOT

The Selling of Attention Deficit Disorder - NYTimes.com

Full disclosure: I have what I regard as mild ADD. I'm not "hyperactive," although I can get a bit restless. I have trouble ignoring things, like annoying "music" in the stores. I have trouble finishing a task, because I think of something else in the middle.

As the joke goes: How many people with ADD does it take to --Look! A Squirrel!

When I was working in retail, customers who knew I was also a teacher would ask me why there are so many cases of ADD now when there weren't when we were kids. ("We" means people 40 and up)

My facetious reply was "Hand sanitizer and air fresheners." But the more accurate reply would be "There are profitable drugs to treat it now."

No comments:

Post a Comment