Sunday, November 10, 2013

So now a Tea Eucharist? (or whatever)

Conservative U.S. Catholics Feel Left Out of the Pope’s Embrace - NYTimes.com

First, the press always gets religious ideas wrong, so I wouldn't take their theological observations seriously. (In fact, I don't take anyone's theological observations seriously)

Second, as I understand it, almost all of these "controversial" things the Pope has said actually do not represent any change at all in doctrine, they merely emphasize a different part than has been emphasized before. People don't do nuance, and the press is especially guilty.

That said, I am rubbing my hands with glee at the prospect that extreme American conservatives will protest that the Pope isn't wingnutty enough for them. They have already formed an elite suicide squad in the Republican Party.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHk2RSMCS8

No comments:

Post a Comment